photo IMG_6793_1.jpg

SEOUL for the lazy souls : Day 1 (Myeongdong)


We took SQ 608 to Incheon at 11pm on 16 May, two days after my finals. Everything was so rushed, and my parents weren't in Singapore (as usual) so Jocelyn's dad picked me up from my place :) We had an hour to spare before boarding time so we decided to eat at Ippudo Express - which tastes just as good as the one in town, just that this was wayyy cheaper @ $6.90. 


The siao who refused to board the plane as she was too engrossed in her China gudai show.


Seriously thought we would have the energy to watch movies, but we ended up KO-ing not long after the flight took off haha. 
We reached around 8am KST, and took the usual airport bus 6015 to Myeongdong, where our guesthouse was. The temperature was 17 degrees the day we touched down - PERFECT WEATHER. 


At this point of time my shag level was alr at its peak. 


This time I stayed at Bodeum Guesthouse, which is also conveniently located at Myeongdong. I realised during the 3 times I've visited Seoul, I always end up in the same old hood haha. We booked our accommodation on Agoda and they were having this early-bird promotion so for the 10 nights we only paid about $400 each. I guess there are cheaper ones out there, but I fell for Bodeum's modern interior. The guesthouse was very clean and new too as it only opened earlier this year. We hardly bumped into anyone during our 11 days there, it really felt like it was our home. I think we only bumped into an american couple outside the house late at night, once haha.

We got to the place 2 hours before the check-in time, but the staff let us enter our room earlier since they had already prepared for our arrival. Really appreciate people who work around flexibility :)
By 10 am, we were half dead.
So after dumping our luggage and washing up, we decided not to travel out and stay within Myeondong area instead.


Lunch was Jocelyn's request: Yookssam Naengmyeon, 6500 Won.


& halfway through shopping we saw Sulbing and happily walked in for a dessert break. 17000 won in total. Cheap and simply delectable. The korean honey toast has got to be one of my most fav food in the world. 


After a full day of cosmetics shopping, we went back to Bodeum to lighten our load before we head off to Namsan - which was literally just beside our guesthouse. & That awkward picture is of Jocelyn suddenly telling me that she needed to poop when we were already on our way out lol. Tbh, it was my third time so I was kind of hesitant, but since we had no plans for the night and it was just next door... we decided to go.
& I swore to myself third time would be my LAST lol. #enoughISenough


We had our dinner near the cable car station, the little alley where my first Guesthouse I stayed at two years ago (Ibville) is. I swear out of the 7 times (lol) we had KBBQ, this place serves the best Samgyeopsal. Although it is slightly more expensive than the ones in Hongdae area, we were paying for the quality. I came here last year with my mum, twice, and I was glad to be back again :) 12000 won for 2 slices/1 serving.

Address:

1. Yooksam Naengmyeon Myeongdong Branch
10 Myeongdong 4-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-810, South Korea

2. Sulbing Myeongdong Branch
Myeongdong 2-ga, 55-2, Namgyeong Building, Level 2
Walk the main street of Myeongdong of Exit 6, go all the way straight to you see Dunkin Donut on your left, turn left and walk till you see Red eye, Sulbing is on top of it at the second storey.

3. Our favourite KBBQ (we don't know the name we just know where it is lol)
Myeongdong Station Exit 3 walk straight towards Pacific Hotel. Pacific Hotel is in the middle and there are two routes on the left and right, walk towards the left, all the way up till you see Ibville Guesthouse on the left, and on the right, is the restaurant. It is just in front of each other.


posted by Tuturika ♥ Friday 5 June 2015 @ 15:11
0 Comments



Faith, Trust & Pixiedust
 photo e9b2818c-dc53-44f6-8350-a6ad2193490b.jpg
Erika Lee Hashimoto橋本絵梨花

People say I have a resting bitch face. I think I can attribute this to my mum being a Japanese (Yakuza) and my dad, a Singaporean (Ahbeng)




INSTAGRAM






♡— First post since forever
♡— 成人式 My Coming Of Age Ceremony Part 3 : 子安神社 Koyasu...
♡— 成人式 My Coming Of Age Ceremony Part 2 : Grandparent...
♡— 成人式 My Coming Of Age Ceremony Part 1 : Hair & Kimono